Sunday, July 01, 2007

Messy Gabi and Iceland


It has been so long since I post something here, that I don’t know where to begin. Perhaps I can do it by acknowledging, that I am a complete mess.



I used to be very organized and therefore I could create in advance a new piece. But lately I jump from one project to the next with poor results and then I panic that I will not have enough time to finish it. The point is that I know how to resolve this and I don’t do it, I continue to have self-defeating behaviours, like been addicted now to Yahoo Answers, that is actually highly addictive and a waste of time, so please don’t go there.

I should be so happy, I got support again from the Ministry of Culture, but between the programs in my space which I have to create and perform myself because of lack of money, my dissertation and now the new supported project, it seems just like too much, especially that I continue to be my own worst secretary. At least for the project for the Ministry of Culture I will be able to hire an assistant.


Anyway, I should be happy and I know the only problem is that I am not organizing myself. Perhaps I am getting scared of not being able to do these projects with quality, as they are perhaps to many for one person.

Ok.....

I don't want to think about this now....

Perhaps tomorrow...

Now I post some more pictures of Iceland. I was there last week, I went for a friend's wedding, I loved it there. Almost no one, just the kind of place I like, perfect for a not very sociable person as myself (lol)

During the week I hope to post something more interesting than just this complain...I will think about this also later.



p.s. Thank you Andy ;-)

4 comments:

andy said...

That first photo, the waterfall, is awesome! Iceland is definately on the list of places I'd like to go.

"The point is that I know how to resolve this and I don’t do it..."

I read somewhere that when you find situations like that - where you in effect allow something you don't want to carry on anyway - it's often because there's some pay-off associated with letting the status quo continue. Identifying that pay-off, i.e. what it is that you gain from the situation, can sometimes give you a lever to do something about it.

Mind you, I'm a fine one to talk! There are soooooo many situations that I let continue even though I don't particularly like them - no way can I claim that I practice what I'm preaching! In my case, the pay-off is usually avoiding conflict - it seems I'd rather stay stuck than face conflict.

Anyway, it sounds as though you really do have a lot of work on at the moment, so remember you do deserve some play time!

P.S. Any time ;-)

Foxessa said...

2 other friends of mine were in Iceland while you were there, Gabi! Their photos are also beautiful, but very different from yours.

My photos of our time (just returned) in the French Caribbean for a Séminaire on the Intangible Cultural Heritage of the Departments of Guadeloupe and Martinique are so different: Sund-drenched! Saturated color! And all film, no digital, as my digital camera is no longer working. It will take a while to get them scanned, as the scanner is in Ned's office, and he's literally having to move office to another location this week. But we finally turned in the final copyedits of the book!

This experience in the French Caribbean was wonderful, and completely new to us. As much time as we've spent in that part of of the world, it has all been in the Spanish islands, and all the major Antilles, not these 'lesser' ones. Wonderful, just wonderful.

I'd like to be a French intellectual / artist. They get so much support from the government, and they don't have to pay for either education or health care!

Love, C.

Andrea said...

Dear Andy and Fox:

Sorry to answer to both of you until now. It has been inside my head for all this time"!

Andy what you talk about deserves a well thought entrance from me, it is a topic it really interest me, so as usual you always give me something positive for my blog :-)

Fox I would love to see you pictures!! And I am so happy you had a great time.

I have been working in multiple projects...besides my constant self-defeating behaviours!

Tomorrow I have general rehearsal for a new program.

But I promise, (if not hit me with a hammer), that I will make an entrance on Thursday.

Thanks to both of you

Greetings from over here

:-)

Foxessa said...

Hey -- How are you? I know, busy.

So are we.

I love summer.

Love, Fox