Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cinema Paradiso

This is one of my favourite films. I have seen it so many times and still it brings tears to my eyes. This is the end of the film, a perfect conclusion about a movie that speaks about the passing of life, friendship and love.

In Amazom.com reviews it is written:

"Giuseppe Tornatore's beautiful 1988 film about a little boy's love affair with the movies deservedly won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film and a Special Jury Prize at Cannes. Philippe Noiret plays a grizzled old projectionist who takes pride in his presentation of screen dreams for a town still recovering from World War II. When a child (Jacques Perrin) demonstrates fascination not only for movies but also for the process of showing them to an audience, a lifelong friendship is struck. This isn't just one of those films for people who are already in love with the cinema. But if you are one of those folks, the emotional resonance between the action in Tornatore's world and the images on Noiret's screen will seem all the greater--and the finale all the more powerful." --Tom Keogh

I will be away for two weeks. I take my memories with me to another country, I hope they stop hurting.


7 comments:

andy said...

I don't know enough to know what kind of time to wish you - but a healing time sounds as though it would be welcome. Here's wishing you healing...

Andrea said...

Thank you Andy so much!

Take care

Andrea

Foxessa said...

I wish you the same, love.

C.

Foxessa said...

I too loved Cinema Paradiso. It was a long time ago it came out, it seems. In another life.

Love, Fox

The Lettershaper said...

Very much enjoyed my walk through your world...as a poet and an avid reader, I found it both enriching and enlightening. Thank you...

Foxessa said...

Speak to us, o kinetic one!

Love, C.

Andrea said...

Thanks Lettershaper, what a great avatar you have.

Hi Fox, I am back :-)

Love

La Gabilondo