Friday, April 06, 2007

Clouds and Seagulls

I don't know why in this last month I have been fascinated by clouds and seagulls, I have taken so many pictures but with my small unprofessional camera, well few are good. Perhaps they will look nice over the black background.

Bird

It was passed from one bird to another,

the whole gift of the day.

The day went from flute to flute,

went dressed in vegetation,

in flights which opened a tunnel

through the wind would pass

to where birds were breaking open

the dense blue air -

and there, night came in.

When I returned from so many journeys,

I stayed suspended and green

between sun and geography -

I saw how wings worked,

how perfumes are transmitted

by feathery telegraph,

and from above I saw the path,

the springs and the roof tiles,

the fishermen at their trades,

the trousers of the foam;

I saw it all from my green sky.

I had no more alphabet

than the swallows in their courses,

the tiny, shining water

of the small bird on fire

which dances out of the pollen.

Pablo Neruda

He Tells Of The Perfect Beauty

O CLOUD-PALE eyelids, dream-dimmed eyes,

The poets labouring all their days

To build a perfect beauty in rhyme

Are overthrown by a woman's gaze

And by the unlabouring brood of the skies:

And therefore my heart will bow, when dew

Is dropping sleep, until God burn time,

Before the unlabouring stars and you.

William Butler Yeats

4 comments:

Foxessa said...

Those photos are beautiful, Gabi.

Are they from around Porto? Or elsewhere?

Love, C.

Andrea said...

Hi Fox!

The pictures of the clouds are taken from my balcony and the one with the seagulls from the town next to mine. They are all in the north, but south of Porto.

Hugs!

:-)

andy said...

In the first photo I see a fairy-tale landscape of mountains in the sky; in the second a spirit soars free; I should like to stand at the very tip of the land in the fourth photo, surrounded by ocean, as though floating just above it.

The third and the last admit I downloaded and tweaked so that I could see more clearly the land that you see immediately in front of your balcony - how wonderful to look out over the Atlantic ocean!

Andrea said...

Andy as usual you have a superb imagination!

About the last photo, I have other ones I could have sent you where you could see better the land. I will try to post them at another time.

Yes it is a luxury to have this view. I am in love with the ocean since very young.

And all this motivates me to post more and not to procrastinate with my blogs!!

;-)