Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ideas on Vacation


In La Marmita blog, I posted something about creativity. If I am honest, I am trying to be creative and I am panicking, because nothing comes to my mind and I wonder if there is a moment where ideas decide to go for a long vacation, taking little luggage with items of the imagination. Yes I can see my ideas dressed in yellow (I don’t know why yellow), packing items stored in the shelves of imagination and going out of my brain in a stampede, like little children going to the beach.

Ok. I let them go, but then here I stay with tons of paper looking at me with boring eyes, lots of scribbles that for a strange reason I can’t understand and an effort to concentrate. I talk to myself in this way:

Ok Andrea concentrate!.........Andrea begins to concentrate
Tick, tock, tick, tock……..Nothing
Andrea looks at her watch, waits……Nothing
She decides to close her eyes so that in this relax state some miracle will happen…….she falls asleep.

I just hope that my ideas come back rested from their trip to the Ocean of Inventions.

3 comments:

andy said...

"Yes I can see my ideas dressed in yellow (I don’t know why yellow), packing items stored in the shelves of imagination and going out of my brain in a stampede, like little children going to the beach...
...I just hope that my ideas come back rested from their trip to the Ocean of Inventions."


What if you follow those ideas, leaving your brain behind, go with them and find out where they're going... and what they're doing when they get there?

Foxessa said...

Ah, your ideas are ready for sunshine and warmth.

We're all just freezing 'round bout here.

Bet it's not that different where you are, where you are trying to be creative and to think and to organize.

Love, C.

Andrea said...

Andy, of course you are right! How many times I tell students or performers "don't think, let it happen", it seems we teach what we need the most! Yes I am following my ideas and leaving my brain, I have been too serious, without a little bit sense of humour, without playfulness, it is hard to create.

Hi Fox!!
Did I understand, that you will go to the Carnival? If so, enjoy it my dear. Yes here the weather has been strange, one day sunny, the other like today miserable.

Love